Thursday, July 28, 2022
Central Daylight Time
Recurs annually on the Second Thursday of August until 3/2/2030.
Every pack should send at least one representative to Fall Recruiting Night Training being held before roundtable. The fall recruiting campaign focuses on recruiting new families to the fun and adventures of Cub Scouting. Involve all your pack leaders in recruiting! The council will provide support materials for fall recruiting.
Ideas on how to produce a successful recruiting nights:
- Visits schools (classrooms, lunchrooms, recess, etc.).
- Send flyers home from school to all prospective members.
- Place posters in schools, businesses, community organizations, etc.
- Put Cub Scouting messages on marquees at schools, subdivisions, and businesses.
- Set up a booth at “Meet the Teacher” nights, open houses and chartered partner location.
- Post yard signs in every Cub Scout family’s yard.
- Ask the school to make a public address announcement.
- Submit articles to local newspapers, subdivision newsletters, and chartered partner newsletters.
- Have Cub Scouts wear their uniform on the day of the rally.
- Plan a second event to invite prospective Cub Scouts (e.g., pack meeting invite)—use the second chance flyers.
Plan early to ensure that your pack has a great fall recruiting campaign – ask someone to join Cub Scouting today!